Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Look familiar? That's because, at some point you've been the target of someone taking a picture or video of something stupid you've done or are doing.
We've all been there. Me? I'm there often. I do a lot of stupid crap.
According to a recent Harris pool in the Baltimore Sun, a total 50% of Americans admit to having taken a secret video of someone or something for various reasons.
- 23% have taken a pic of someone in a stupid or embarrassing outfit
- 20% have photographed an athlete at a sporting event
- 15% have gotten someone tripping and/or falling
(now we get kind of weird and/or creepy)
- 10% have taken a picture of a sexy waitress/hostess/bartender
- 9% have taken a photo of s shirtless guy mowing the lawn
- 7% have taken pic or videos of cheerleaders (these are the people with signs in their yards)
- 7% have photographed their boss or coworker eating (what?)
- 6% have photographed someone's disgusting grooming habits
- 5% have taken a picture of a couple making out
The survey also found that we most enjoy seeing pics or vids of someone pulling a prank on a coworker.
We are a weird people. It's almost like we all have paparazzi now that are just waiting for us to goof something up so they can record it and post it somewhere online.
That said, I'd like to introduce a new feature on my show: Guerrilla Cellular! Basically, if you have a picture or video of something weird, stupid, gross, or embarrassing, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll feature my favorite opportune picture or video here on the blog and on the show each week.
Go crazy! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with...