Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Looking Forward to Yesterday


It was more than a year ago that I announced here on the ol' blog that 12 Stones was busy working on recording a new album that was (at the time) due out in the Fall of 2009. Well, the Fall of '09 came and went and I heard nary a thing.

Finally, though, at the top of the new year, 12 Stones began slowly releasing information about the new record, even debuting a new single "We Are One" to radio. Still, we did not have an album name or release date. Today, we finally do.

The new release from 12 Stones will be titled The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday, and it is set to be released on July 20th. The title has been public knowledge for a while, but I wanted to make sure I had all the info before I wrote a blog on it.

But hold on to your hat. If you are expecting an album from 12 Stones, I hate to tell you that you're out of luck. Yes, as it turns out, the new release will only be an EP and not a full length album, which defies everything we have been told over the past year.

The tracklisting is as follows:
  1. Welcome to The End
  2. We Are One
  3. Disappear
  4. Tomorrow Comes Today
  5. Enemy
Even I have to admit that only getting an EP is somewhat disappointing, especially considering that I've been eagerly awaiting news on this release for so long, but what can you do? I can only hope that because this release is only an EP that we can expect a complete album sometime within the next year. Time will tell for sure. Still, getting this is better than getting nothing.

As always, keep it here for updates on this and other New Rock announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment