Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Puddle of Mudd's 4th Volume


It seems like just about every week there is some kind of new rock announcement to be made. Well, as it turns out this week is no different.

I have actually been the bearer of this information for quite some time now, but I have been reluctant to reveal it to you, the listener, since I could not verify how true it was. However, as of today, the information has (for the most part) been confirmed, so it is time that I gave you guys the low down.

In the world of rock, the band Puddle of Mudd has gotten to be a well known name. Ever since their album Come Clean, Puddle of Mudd has enjoyed a steadily increasing popularity with each new record release. And rightfully so, since with each album Puddle of Mudd has continued to improve with their songwriting.

However, I personally think that their last album failed to meet expectations. Granted, Famous had a few good singles that came out of it like "Psycho", which became a #1 Hit, but I think that overall it wasn't Puddle of Mudd's best effort.

Perhaps the band agrees with me, though, because their upcoming new album titled Volume 4: Songs in the Key of Love & Hate will be much tighter and more focused. According to bassist Doug Ardito, the new record will contain only nine songs to avoid what he called "filler material". The new CD is also expected to contain more edgy, punk rock similar to that which can be found on earlier releases according to interviews with Puddle of Mudd frontman and vocalist Wes Scantlin.

Since Puddle of Mudd has produced some great hits in the past (some of which I am very fond of), I am excited for this new record which is scheduled to hit stores on December 8th. And if their first single off of the new album, "Spaceship" (now playing on 97.9X), is any indication, then Vol. 4 is going to rock!

As always, keep it here for updates on this and other New Rock announcements.

1 comment:

  1. Hm.. I'm not really a fan of theirs except when it comes to their hits but... they definitely picked a great song to be their first single... just might make me want to see if the rest of their album is any good.

    ReplyDelete